10 October 2016

Visiting North America

I sometimes assure people that, if I plan to visit across the water, I will tell them. So ...

 ... Deo volente, I plan to fly over the Great Waters this Friday;

and to celebrate next Sunday October 16 and preach at the 9.30 a.m. High Mass at St Mary's Church 669 West Avenue, Norwalk CT;

and, same place same Sunday, 7.00 p.m., to speak to the subject of "Could a pope [or anybody else!] abolish the Extraordinary Form?";

and, on Tuesday October 18, 7.00 p.m., at St Patrick's Old Cathedral, 263 Mulberry Street New York, to speak about "Kasperism and the aspirations of [some!] Episcopal Conferences".

It would be good to meet friends old and new.

11 comments:

umblepie said...


Bon voyage Father.

Woody said...

I very much wish that I could be there, Father, but at that time I will be accompanying Her Honor on a cruise down the Rhine, the locale of my maternal ancestors.

Jon said...

Father,

Wish I could drive up to Connecticut next Sunday, but afraid I'll be elsewhere.

Is your second conference going to be recorded? I hope so.

Finny said...

I am very excited for your visit Father. St. Mary's in Norwalk is my home parish, and I read your blog every day.
Might you have occasion to say Mass using the Ordinariate Missal while visiting our troubled continent?

Zephyrinus said...

Safe journey, Fr.

Jacobi said...

I shall be interested in what you say Father as to whether any pope can now abolish the so-called Latin Mass. But no comment from me at this stage. Who am I after all to try to influence you?


One thing. If the plane gets into a sustained stall, suggest to the pilot he moves the control column forward by about eight inches or 20.3 cm.

Kathleen1031 said...

Oh, Fr. Hunwicke! You will be in my backyard! I so hope to attend the Mass and to hear you. That would be an honor. God bless you, and give you a happy and safe journey.

Richard Divozzo said...

I hope to have the opportunity of meeting you, Father.

Liam Ronan said...

CT in the autumn should be lovely! God keep you in His Care, Father.

Liam Ronan said...

Incidentally, Father, while Connecticut is an 'open carry' state for fire-arms, one must have a permit to do so. You might leave your Webley at home.

Deimater said...

Why all these visits to the rebels, whilst the senior Dominion is ignored? S. Thomas More parish in Toronto longs to receive you, Father Hunwicke!